My Daily Dose

Quote of the Day

Monday, April 02, 2007

The Circus that is Philippine Politics

Some loud and very obnoxious noise woke me the other day. It was some politician's desperate attempt to get voters attention to be known and remembered come election day. They were of course using nasty and unpleasant jingles coupled with cheesy lines that even the most credulous won't believe. I'd very much like to tell them off. I'd scream and shout at these 'tards, tell them to shut up and let decent people get some more sleep, it's a Saturday for crying out loud! But I can't do that since it's election season and people expect this kind of thing. I 'd be the one looking like a 'tard if I complain. You can see why I just like election time.

The circus that is Philippine politics includes but is not limited to annoying the heck out of the "taong bayan" via the said jingles. It also includes visually and auditorially repulsing us with their dancing and singing. I'd love nothing more than NOT see and hear them but that's kind of hard to do when they've got money to advertise the talents they wish they had.

Celebrities have been part of the political scene ever since I could remember. They either support a politician or run for office themselves. I don't know what's worse, a cruel and calculating seasoned politician or a dense and untested famous personality...

I know that it's foolish to paint everyone with the same brush but with the way things are going here, I feel vindicated doing so.

Here comes one of those roving political ads, I can hear it a mile away. Please! Busted speakers and faulty electrical wiring, now! Please!

No comments: