My Daily Dose

Quote of the Day

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

ACQUAINTANCES


Cameron: I don't own House's cases. You had just as much right as I did to write it up. You should have told me, but, I should have handled it better too.

Cameron: If we want this not to get in the way of our friendship, I think we both have to apologize and put it behind us.

Foreman: I like you. Really. We have a good time working together. But ten years from now, we're not going to be hanging out and having dinners. Maybe we'll exchange Christmas cards, say hi, give a hug if we're at the same convention. We're not friends. We're colleagues. And I don't have anything to apologize for.

Excerpt from HOUSE, Season 2 Episode 18: SLEEPING DOGS LIE


I am not much of a people person. I tried several times being all nice and friendly but it’s something that just doesn’t agree with me. I just don’t have the charm chi in my genes. Maybe I’m shy, maybe it’s a self-esteem thing, maybe I’m lazy having to sound and look interested, maybe I feel so small in the midst of over-achievers, maybe I don’t want to mingle with dim-witted people, maybe I’m just preoccupied with my own life. That’s a lot of maybes. I’m really not sure. Perhaps I’m just wired to be this bumbling, inarticulate and stuttering fool among acquaintances but this almost eloquent, lucid and expressive person when among friends. I don’t know what that says about me but the bottom line is that comfort and function should always win over aesthetics. Huh??? Read it again, it’ll make sense :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

saw that episode. but when Foreman got sick and was near dying, he apologized to Cameron. she dint accept it at first, but she eventually did. he was sorta born again coz of that experience. sigh. its sad why we have to be faced wiv situations like that just to realize things.

JaN said...

Hi there Chelsea! Thanks for the comment. I'll see you around :-)