My Daily Dose

Quote of the Day

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Lashing out

It's sometimes nice to lash out and just not care about the consequences. The feeling of unbridled emotional release ranks somewhere between genuine happiness and your run-of-the-mill pre-dawn euphoria. Problem is, every time I get the urge to just let it all out, I bottle things up...afraid of the repercussions and the guilt which starts to eat me up inside immediately after hurtful and probably unfair words comes out of my mouth. We are taught to hold our tongue, to be civil and not make rash retorts that would escalate already negatively charged situations...so in the meantime, my punching bags (be it running a kilometer more, hitting that tennis ball extra harder, adding more weights to the usual rep or simply writing) will have to bear the brunt of my anger.

No comments: