My Daily Dose

Quote of the Day

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

No Brainer


Memory plays a large and important role in learning. The way I see it, there's nothing to analyze and think about if nobody's sitting on the seat of consciousness. Right? Anyhooo, this rant is largely about my inability or agonizingly slow endeavor to remember what I've read numerous times. I'm getting tired of making up silly stories just to remember terms and disease conditions. It was fun at first but I'm running out of stories to tell myself. Creativity isn't exactly my strong suit. For example, just to remember which is which (you see how easily I get confused?) with rubella and rubeola I remind myself that the latter comes first since it only has one L therefore it's your garden variety measles whilst the former has two L's and therefore is a more specified kind of measles...the German one, hehehe. See how silly I have to be just to remember something so simple? Man, I kill me sometimes. Another one is Hodgkin's disease. Guess how I remember the cancer cells in this disease. It's similar to a local actor's name!
Don't get me wrong, I see how effective making up stories and making connections to names and processes where there is none but why can't I just REMEMBER things automatically? Rote sounds good.

It's story time once again. What shall it be about now?

No comments: