My Daily Dose

Quote of the Day

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Totally Irked

I am so MAD! Right now, doing a bathlet-wielding-Klingon on a rampage sounds sweet. Ahhhhhhggggg!!! If only cutting off limbs and heads were socially acceptable deeds to demonstrate one's dissatisfaction... if only.

I woke up before 3:00 A.M. today, almost ecstatic at the prospect of having a real income after a two and a half year hiatus. It must must have been the early morning endorphins doing its magic because the cold air, empty roads, soulless sidewalks and quiet surroundings brought about a jubilant spirit that I have long forgotten. I was happy. I was informed the day before that call time was going to be 4:00 A.M. on the 14th. So I arrived with four minutes to spare, brought out my handy dandy NCLEX book and started reading. A few minutes later I was ushered along with the new guys to a room and thought that training is about to begin. Great. A few introductions and mindless chit chats later HR girl 1 comes in with our contracts in tow. After skiming through the pages I was ready to sign when someone asked HR girl 1 what our job description was. I thought to myself "what a stupid question!". How can anyone come in this early without knowing what he/she applied for? To cut the very long and boring story short, I was lucky that somebody asked that question. I ended up leaving because what they were offering wasn't what I signed up for. Their HR people really sucks as this wasn't the only screw up they made but in true passive-aggressive fashion, I clammed up instead of speaking my mind.

I went home still feeling a bit euphoric but as the last drops of endorphins were exiting my system...the noise and heat rising...KABOOOM!

No comments: