My Daily Dose

Quote of the Day

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Maslow is a verb: Maslow it!


I've been reading Kaplan's NCLEX-RN Exam Review (as per my brother's advice) for the better part of yesterday and today. It's a really good book. The test-taking skills discussed are particularly helpful and aside from the test questions in the book and accompanying CD, they also threw in, for a limited time, access to their online qbank (only 20 questions though). Hey, the more test questions I answer the better. Just like what the book says, in order to know which strategies to use come exam time, one needs to practice, practice and practice. I have yet to answer the questions on the CD but if I understand correctly, the software is suppose to churn out results regarding the test taker's area of weakness. Of course I don't need some software to tell me which area I need to improve on but the validation would certainly help. One of the ten strategies taught in the book is to "Maslow it". This method entails prioritizing physiological needs over psychosocial needs. Very simple yet effective. I like it. I like it soooo much, in fact, that I can't stop saying Maslow It! inside my head for quite some time now. It's starting to irritate me.

More on this after I'm done with the book. One more thing...style and strategies are great but if you don't know your stuff then you'll be in trouble. This is why I'm working on the content as well.

No comments: