My Daily Dose

Quote of the Day

Thursday, November 23, 2006

E tu, Kramer?




I just found out about the Michael Richards incident today. It looks like the anti-Semitic remarks from an inebriated actor earlier this year found an acquaintance. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, it was like witnessing a beloved uncle going mad. I still can't believe it. I am a huge Seinfeld fan (the whole family is) and next to Jerry, Kramer was my favorite character in that show. If you don't know what I'm talking about, just watch the video on top of this. I was really disturbed when I saw it. The way he kept on drilling those guys and saying the N word, it was really horrible. He kept on at it after some people in the audience shouted "that's uncalled for" after which they promptly walked out on him. It was a pitiful sight. He could of had hundreds of reasons for acting the way he did but I'm sure none of them will be accepted by the public as ground for behaving like a jerk. I don't know if I'll still enjoy watching Seinfeld reruns after this. I should probably separate Kramer from Michael but that's next to impossible to do. Who am I kidding, of course I'll still enjoy the show! A good dose of time and selective recall should do the trick. Now excuse me, I have to break the news to my Seinfeld loving family.

No comments: