My Daily Dose

Quote of the Day

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The Dems Have It! (or not)


Watching the U.S. elections unfold on CNN has been more than just interesting. There is a tinge of excitement as the Democrats are hopeful that this will be an election year to remember. They are poised to take the majority in congress, this feat has not occurred in more than a decade.

Some say that this will be good for the United States and essentially, outside it. This is because we all know how this country's influence extend well beyond its borders. Whether you love that fact or hate that fact, it's a FACT. Personally though, I'd like the Republicans to have more time in control so they can follow through on their local and foreign policies. I'm not even sure if Congress has anything to do with foreign policies but I have a strange feeling that they do. The changing of the guards in congress will only help in satsifying the currently disgruntled political party (they won't be disgruntled for long now) that has been castrated back in the nineties. I hope something good comes out of the castration reversal.


Just my two cents worth.

No comments: